Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yoga Mat Bag

I found this super easy (and quick!) pattern on Joyful Abode . Since I know LOTS of yoga people, I thought it would be fun to make a few of these as gifts. I will also be making some (assuming I am able to get permission from the pattern creator) to sell in order to raise money for this year's Avon Walk.

This bag is made with a round base of double crochets, half double crochets create the tube, and alternating front and back post double crochets make the cool ribbed top (these were new for me, but I figured them out thanks to this YouTube video). The strap is just single crochets all the way up with a single crochet border. The tie is a chain made from the two different yarns I used. Since I thought this one looked a little plain, I decided to add my Mom's initials to it (she's getting the bag as a birthday present from Joey).



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so crafty! I love it!