Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One Month Today


Dear Joseph,

You are a whole month old today. In some ways, it's hard to believe it's been that long and in others, we can't ever imagine that there was ever a time you weren't in our lives. You have grown so much over that last month, it's amazing. In the next week or so, we might even have to bump you up to your 0-3 month clothes. Apparently those eating issues we haven't quite figured out are not getting in the way of your growing.

You think you're such a big boy - you've started trying to lift your head and one night you even (accidentally) rolled from your stomach to your back. You turn your head at the sound of our voices and sometimes you will even smile when we talk to you. And for very special people, you will make sweet baby noises in response to being talked to.

Just today, you discovered the magic that is TV, before that your favorite thing to look at was the painting of Venice above the couch. You're still not sure that the swing is a good idea, but your carseat is awesome for travelling, sleeping and general hanging out. You're still not sure what you think about tummy time, but you're getting better about it.

It's been so much fun watching you grow for the last month. You are amazing - even at 3 in the morning. Please just try to be patient with us while we bumble through all of this. Even if it seems like we will never figure you out, I promise we will one day. And then you'll be on to something else and we can start all over again. Just in case you ever wonder, you're totally worth it.

All our love,
Mommy and Daddy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are doing this! I love it and have always (ok not always, but for a long time) planned on doing this too.

Do you read the Dooce blog? She does this too and her daughter is creeping up on 5.

Nicolasa said...

Like, Mo, I have had thoughts on doing this in a journal for our children. I love reading what you write and it makes me that much more excited to have kids of our own some day.
It will be amazing to look back on these letters in 5 years!

KSu said...

Baby J is such a lucky kid :)

KSu said...

Just wanted to clairfy that this is k-su.

melissa said...

This is so stinkin sweet! I am totally doing this when I have a little one.

Heather said...

I actually received a folder full of notebook paper from Hazel recently - it was basically notes to me through my first year. It was very special for me to have, I think Baby J will love to have this later.

He's gorgeous. :)

LiLo said...

I love this J. He will love it so much, or at least his wife will someday=)
He's such a handsome little man.