Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cookie Time

Every year we do a cookie exchange at work. Everyone brings in some cookies to share and then we fill up our plates with a variety of said cookies to take home. Oh, and some are consumed right then and there.

I am always at a loss as to what to make. Some people make the same thing every year, but I a) think that's boring and b) don't really have a "trademark" cookie. The one I chose for this year, is courtesy of my friend Heather in Santa Barbara.

Here are the cookies I made following this recipe for Peppermint Bark Chocolate Chip Cookies. I forgot the part where you're supposed to sprinkle some of the cut up peppermint bark on top, but whatever. They're ridiculously yummy anyway.

 
Posted by Picasa

Here is the batch where I got creative (something I almost never do in the kitchen. When I was at Cost Plus picking up the peppermint bark, I noticed eggnog bark and thought that might make for interesting cookies. Some improvisation was also required since I didn't have enough regular white sugar to finish the recipe. I substituted a little baking Splenda and some brown sugar. I'm not sure if it's that or the eggnog bark that made them kind of ugly, but they taste good. I guess that's all that matters.

 

No comments: