Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farewell 2008

2008 was such a big year for us, it would be nearly impossible to recap (read: I'm too lazy to do a thorough job). Instead, I stole this from here .

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Gosh, so many things - got married and had a baby, to name the big ones.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I almost never make resolutions because I'm not very good at keeping them. This year, my goal is to make a little "me" time in every day. I think that if I can do this, I will be much better in all my other roles.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Not that I can think of. I have a bunch of friends and family with babies coming in 2009, though.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My grandmother passed away December 26, 2007, so that's about as close as I got this year.

5. What countries did you visit?

None.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Balance.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

August 16 - Our wedding day
November 16 - Baby J's birthday

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Surviving wedding stress and pregnancy/childbirth.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not taking enough time out for me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No, thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

We got a Wii, does that count?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Our family and friends who stepped up and made our wedding day amazing.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I'm going to go ahead and plead the fifth here.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Wedding, moving, baby (pretty much in that order)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Pretty much anything related to Baby J.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

The Time of My Life by David Cook

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? about the same, unfortunately
c) richer or poorer? about the same, I suppose

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Time with family.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Stress about wedding stuff - oh, and worry about what other people think

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With my family - new and old

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Yes, with my son.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I love TV. Maybe The Big Bang Theory?

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No.

24. What was the best book you read?

I'm not sure I read an entire book this year.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Do the CDs our DJ made of wedding music count?

26. What did you want and get?

My Flip!

27. What did you want and not get?

A new sewing machine.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I can't even remember the last time I watched a movie. Was Rocky this year? That was surprisingly good.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 31. I went to dinner with my mom and some friends. Sal and I must have celebrated a different day because he was working.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

"Winning the lottery" was the previous person's answer. I'll go with that.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

I'm not sure I ever had a "personal fashion concept".

32. What kept you sane?

My husband and my FIFs.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I don't know. I'm better at listing people I don't like.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

Obama's election was huge. I cried on my couch and was so proud to be an American. It's amazing to me that my son will get to say he was born during this historic time for our country. Also, the gay marriage issue. I could go on and on, but what it really comes down to is that I don't know why people are so worried about other peoples' business.

35. Who did you miss?

My grandpa. My wedding day and the birth of my child would have been among the most important days of his life. I like to think he's watching over us, though.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

My son, obviously.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Never say never - life has a way of throwing things at you when you least expect them.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I’ve been waiting for my dreams
To turn into something I could believe in
And looking for that
Magic rainbow
On the horizon I couldn’t see it
Until I let go Gave into love and watched all the bitterness burn
Now I’m coming alive
Body and soul
And feelin’ my world start to turn

And I’ll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time,
This is the time
To be more than a name
Or a face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life
Time of my life

No comments: