Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

Some of my most favorite people are vets, so I thought I would post a few photos of people near and dear to me who have fought (and are fighting) for our country.

My cousin Jack (with his son Jack) just returned from a 6 month tour in the Gulf with the USN.


My Gram's whole family served in the military in various wars, including WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. From left to right - Uncle Dean (Merchant Marines), Uncle Dwayne (USAF), Uncle Dick (Coast Guard), Uncle Bob (Coast Guard), Gram (USAF), Great Grandpa (USN), and Uncle Bill (USAF).

Because he lost his eye early on during training exercises, my Grandpa Olive never saw any battlefield action in the Marines, but he did serve during the Korean War.

My Grandpa Valencia served in both the Navy and the Army beginning at the tail end WWII and continuing through the Korean War.

And last, but not least, my dad served in the USN during Vietnam.

No comments: